28 January 2006

Saturday night in the People's Republic of Leith


Amazing what inspiration can be provided by a plateful of spaghettini al granchio and a bottle of white wine....after thinking about it for a while, decided to plunge into the blogger lifestyle. Companion here thought it was a good idea too. Hopefully I can convince him to contribute. He also deserves credit for most of the photos. We'll see how it goes. I mostly want somewhere to post the occasional picture and natter on. Inspired by Craig & Dups 's blogs, thought I would have a go. I wurffle about politics all the time at work, so won't have too much of that in the blog, but do check back for some pictures of Newfoundland, Zimbabwe, Eritrea and Scotland. Cheers!

6 comments:

towniebastard said...

Myself and Dups were inspirations? Wow. I can safely say that's the first time in the history of the world that sentence has been uttered.

Welcome to the wonderful world of blogging, Sara. Hope you have fun with it.

Sara Dorman said...

hah! wondered how long it would take you to find me :)

Anonymous said...

Good lord. Usually I inspire people to drink. Heck I've inspired fear, loathing and an overwhelming sense of futility, but the need to write? I think I need a stiff drink.

I'll link you from my site this evening!

All the best,
Dups

towniebastard said...

Well, I noticed a bunch of people coming in from this blog and wonder what the heck it was. And lo and behold, there you were. You might want to, at some point, consider registering with statcounter.com. If you're really interested, it'll show how many people are visiting and from where.

Any particular reason for the rather interesting name?

towniebastard said...

Yes, I'm posting a lot, however I just had a random thought. I was going to post a link to this blog on mine. However, I notice you name isn't on this site. Can I say who you are or are you keeping it quiet for now?

Sara Dorman said...

Links to my site? way cool. it's fine if you put 'sara' - i just hoped to keep in touch with friends and family (that said, i'm not sure your username is suitable for my nephews eyes!) but i am hoping to avoid work colleagues & students from checking it out :) I might want to whinge about them.